Sunday 17 December 2006

Catching up

Despite paddling a fair bit these past few weeks, I keep forgetting to put stuff on here, partly due to being busy, and partly because I'm lazy.

Anway, last weekend we (Craig, Becky, Loz, Rick and myself) paddled the Kent in the morning, which was at a reasonable level;

Above: Becky on one of the rapids in the middle
Below: Craig sporting this years must-have orange gear

In the afternoon, Loz and Rik had to go home and be responsible parents, so Craig, Becky and me went to the lower Duddon with some people we met in a car park.

The Duddon was pretty high, and once we got past the falling-over-in-the-field-at-the-get-in stage, and resigned ourselves to the wind and rain, was a good run. Most of the river was bouldery and constant, with a bigger rapid under a bridge near the bottom, which had some huge waves leading into it. One of the group had a bit of a swim here, but everything worked out ok, so we retired to the pub for tea and medals.

Didn't take any pictures on the Duddon as there was no way my hands were coming out of my pogies, but we did get name-checked on someone else's blog. How exciting.

No comments: